Student Locker Rental Service
Student lockers are available at HSMC campus to provide convenient storage space for HSMC students. If you wish to apply for one, please go through the following details and submit an application to the Student Affairs Office.
- All HSMC students are eligible to apply for one student locker, subject to availability.
- Students living in the Residential Colleges and the Old Hall, if wish to, could also apply for one student locker after the 1st round application exercise is completed, as residents are expected to have sufficient storage space in their rooms.
Location & Size
3/F, S H Ho Academic Building (A)
G/F, 1/F & 4/F Lee Quo Wei Academic Building (D)
Application and Duration of Usage
Applicants are invited to indicate 2 preferences of locker locations and rank them in order of priority.
4 September 2017, 10:00am – 8 September 2017, 11:00pm
Announcement of result
Locker allocation will be assigned by lot drawing.
11 September 2017
Settle rental fee at SAO Service Counter (M603)
Locker allocation would be made known to applicant upon receiving of rental fee.
12 & 13 September 2017
Locker clearance would be conducted in June 2018.
12 September 2017 – 31 May 2018
- No alternation would be allowed once the locker is assigned.
- Late application would only be accepted, if there are vacancies after the first round allocation.
- Successful applicant should settle an annual non-refundable rental fee of $50 in person at the SAO Service Counter (M603) during the office hour, in accordance to the specified deadline.
- Payment is accepted by Octopus Card only and fees paid are non-refundable.
- Any violation of the use of lockers, whenever reported and/or discovered, will result in immediate termination of the use of lockers. Fees paid will not be refunded.
Rules and Regulations on the Use of Student Lockers
- Lockers are not installed with any locks. Renters are required to use their own padlocks.
- Renter of each locker is hold responsible for the damage/misuse of the locker rented. Storage of any illegal property, or would cause or likely to cause, health hazard, physical danger, safety risk or nuisance to the environment or other members of the College (e.g. alcoholic beverages, perishable food, illegal medicines, weapons and explosives, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
- Lockers are allocated for storing academic related materials for the convenience of study. Renters are advised not to store any valuable items (e.g. money, laptops and mobile phones etc.) inside the lockers. The College shall not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage of property inside the lockers rented.
- Lockers are not transferable. Renters who wish to change lockers should send an email to email@example.com with justification.
- Unauthorized use of unoccupied or other people’s lockers is not allowed. Renter should approach SAO if their lockers are occupied by others. A warning will be given to the unauthorized users to remove their belongings in a specified deadline. SAO shall have the authority to open any unauthorized lockers and dispose all the items found therein without any notice.
- No posting (e.g. stickers, labels, and/or posters) are permitted on the surface of the lockers. Renters should keep the interior and exterior of the locker clean at all times.
- Renter who, for any reasons leaving the College should report to SAO and clear the locker accordingly. SAO will remove all unattended belongings for disposal.
- Renters must clear their lockers and remove their padlocks to return the lockers to the College in good condition by the end of the rental period. Locker clearance will be conducted in June 2018. All materials found in the lockers, after the rental period, would be discarded without further notice.
- SAO reserves the right to open any locker in case of locker being occupied by an unauthorized user, any violations of the use of lockers, or any other emergencies, without notifying the renter in advance.
- The College reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations on the use of student lockers from time to time.
Residential Colleges Unit
Student Affairs Office
4 September 2017