MTR Student Travel Scheme
The MTR Corporation will continue to offer MTR concessionary fares to HSMC full-time students in the 2018/19 academic year. To enjoy concessionary fares under the Scheme, students are required to use a valid Personalised Octopus with “Student Status”.
- Full-time students: aged 25 or below (an applicant’s age is determined by the time when the application is submitted)
- Full-time day course: a day-time course which normally requires the participant to attend an acceptable institution for not less than 20 hours of academic institution each week for 30 weeks or more in an academic year.
- New application: HK$90 (The application fee comprises card deposit of HK$50, a non-refundable fee of HK$20 charged by MTR for administering the MTR Student Travel Scheme, and a non-refundable service charge of HK$20 payable to Octopus Cards Limited.)
- Activation/Renewal of “Student Status” on a Personalised Octopus Card: HK$20 (a non-refundable administration fee)
1. Application form can be collected from
- MTR Customer Service Centres
- The Concessionary Offices located in Admiralty, Tai Wai or Siu Hong stations.
Forms can also be downloaded from MTR website at http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/tickets/terms.php.
2. A special counter will be set up to endorse the application forms in the following sessions.
Location: Auditorium (D201), 2/F, Lee Quo Wei Academic Building (D)
Date: 10 - 14 September 2018
Time: 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Please bring along the followings items in person for endorsement and verification:
- Completed application form
- Student ID card
- All supporting documents (if necessary)
3. Students should submit the endorsed application forms to MTR Customer Service Centre (please refer to the addresses listed on the application form).
If your "Student Status" expires on 31 October 2018 and is not Renewed, full adult fares will be deducted from your Personalised Octopus when you travel on the MTR.
Student Finance and Resources
Student Affairs Office
Phone: +852 3963 5560
Office: M603, 6/F, Block M
Hotline: +852 2881 8888
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm; Saturdays, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm (except Sundays and Public Holidays)