Personal Growth & Counseling
- The establishment of [Personal Growth and Counseling] aims at facilitating student growth and development , as well as overcoming difficulties and problems they encounter in daily life.
- Through counseling, students can learn to understand themselves better, build up confidence, develop potential and promote physical and psychological well-being.
- Apart from counseling service, [Personal Growth and Counseling] will also provide Mental Wellness and Personal Development workshops to enhance the mental health, understanding of character or personality, and appreciation of life among students.
Objectives of [Personal Growth and Counseling]
- Strengthen the Self-Help / Management Ability of students through various means, including case counseling;
- Enhance Team-Work and Co-Operation between students, as well as among societies and their members;
- Enhance Leadership Development of students both in mind and ability;
- Promote Openness of mind, Critical thinking, Creativity and Initiative of students;
- Encourage Love and Concern, as well as Social Responsibility and Conscience in students.
The [Personal Growth and Counseling] provides a wide range of services as follows:
- Psychological assessments (By clinical psychologist)
- Mental Wellness and Personal Development Workshops
- Training Activities (including volunteer training)
Personal Growth and Counseling is located at Room M612 (office of counselor) and M613 (Interview and meeting room).
Students may walk-in for direct service or make appointments with the college counselors during office hours.
Online booking please access the following link:
- All services rendered by the Growth and Counseling Centre to current students will be “free of charge”.
- All counseling information will be kept in strict confidentiality.
- Intensive cases that have to be referred out and groups or mass programmes which are jointly organized by the Growth and Counseling Centre and external organizations will be charged at an affordable price or according to the fees set by external organizations.
Policy to protect the personal particulars and the information of students or service users collected in the course of counseling will be kept in strict confidentiality. Without prior consent from the clients, counselors must not disclose the information to a third person, unless there is a threat to the life of clients or other persons. In such cases, counselors may inform clients’ parents and related persons for the sake of assuring personal safety.
Appointment and Enquiry
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Mon to Friday)
#Remarks: If necessary, our counselors can arrange appointments outside office hours upon special requests.
Mr. Dai Hon Man, Dacon (Counselor)
Address: M 612
Ms. Yip Ho King, Rita (Counselor)
Address: M 612
Services Rendered Agency: Stewards Ltd webpage: http://www.stewards.org.hk
The counseling service is free of charge
for current students' of HSMC. Enquiries and advance bookings are welcome.